Stay Connected:

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/MauriceRunea
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MauriceRunea
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/chocolatemrh

Contact Runea:
maurice.runea@gmail.com

If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders. quote by Justin Johnson

October 30, 2007

The faces of HOMOPHOBIA

I am the girl who got kicked out of her home because i confided in my mother that i'm a lesbian.

I am they boy who never finished high school, because I got called a fag every day.

I am the prostitute working the streets because no one will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of 27 years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family i've ever known. I wish they could adopt me.

I am not one of the lucky ones.

I killed myself two weeks before graduating high school. It was just to much to bear.

We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid management being called on me.

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother now that I live with another woman.

I am the domestic violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant, once they found out my abusive partner is a woman.

I am the domestic survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to another man.

I am the home-ec. teacher who always wanted to be a gym-teacher until someone told me only lesbians do that.

I am the woman who died when the EMT's stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was a transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I didn't believe, but because they closed their doors to "my kind".

I am the person who has to hide what the world needs most, love.

I am the person ashamed to tell my friends that I'm a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.

I am the girl who hides her feelings from her family, for she knows that her parents wouldn't love her anymore if they knew she was a lesbian.

I am the boy, tied to a fence beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to "teach me a lesson".

Repost With "HOMOPHOBIA" in the subject line

No comments: